Friday, November 13, 2009

Why I love my kids


First and foremost, the obvious, because what mother doesn't love her children? There is much to love about these three. Thinking of Hannah's birthday and reflecting on how much she has grown and changed in this past year has been somewhat emotional for me. She has such a desire to please me and help me. I love her for that. She is sensitive to not only me, but to others as well. Lately she has really been into saying I love you, but the way she says it is, "I love you SO much Mom". Precious. I love her SO much too.

Nathan is such the typical 2 year old. I had imagined him being this sweet little boy, even a mama's boy. He is sweet from time to time, but he LOVES the word no and sweet and no just don't often go together. He is still my little bud though. Always good for a laugh. I, fortunately, am not without my children very often, but on those rare times when I am away from them for a period of time, Nathan always runs to me with a great big hug, so happy that I'm home. I LIVE for those moments. For 2 years old, the kid can really talk well and I love when he says he loves me without me saying it first. His giggle is super contagious and I love to hear him laugh.

Abigail is finding her place in our family. Last night Aaron was reading the kids a story and I had Nathan and Hannah both sitting on my lap. Abby crawled over to me, yelled for me to pick her up, and sat right in the middle of them, perfectly content to be amongst her siblings. I have no doubt that she has a strong little spirit like Hannah and Nathan. She is determined, strong willed, and sometimes I really think she thinks she's bigger than she is. She loves her mama and I love her! One thing I look forward to each day is when she wakes up and I go into get her. The squeels, and jabber from her are to die for! She is SOOOO happy to see me and when I pick her up she'll either clap her hands or give me a pat on my back. A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!

I really love being a mom. I have my daily challenges and I feel the great responsibility to teach and rear them to be good, responsible, happy, loving, caring adults. There is NOTHING I'd rather be doing than this right now. There are days that I think to myself it sure would be nice if I had a nicer wardrobe, or if I could get my hair done regularly, or go shopping NOT on a budget, but then that would require me to find a job and there is no amount of money that could drag me away from these 3 little ones. I adore them and as cliche as it may sound, am so very thankful to be their mama. And I am especially thankful to their daddy, who is a wonderful provider and sees the importance of me being home with our kids as much as I do. I love him so much!

3 comments:

Richins Family said...

i am a big ball of tears today! thanks for your post! it was really sweet! love you sis

Jill T said...

Sweet post Melissa. You do have cute kids!

Mrs. Pemberly said...

I am so with you. I must have been feeling a "love being a mom" vibe from you because I just posted something similar on my blog the other day. Isn't it great? It truly is the best job in the world.